Introduction to Sputter Deposition; Important Processes to Consider:
- Ion-solid interactions on the target.
- Collisions in the gas phase – ionization, scattering.
- Nucleation and film growth on the substrate.
- Use of ion-solid interactions to modify film growth
Elements of Kinetic Theory of Gases and Plasma Physics
- Pressure of gas molecules
- Energy distributions
- Collision and mean free path
- Cold cathode discharge maintenance
- Plasma characterization by electrostatic probes
- Linear cascade model
- Correction for threshold effects
- Sputtering efficiency
- Energy of sputtered atoms
- Ion reflection
- Conventional diode sputtering
- Triode sputtering
- Magnetron sputtering
- Discharge characteristics
- Ion distribution at substrate
- Pulsed and High-Power Pulsed Magnetron Sputtering
- Reactive sputtering
- Independent control of ion flux and ion energy at the substrate
Who Should Attend?
Graduate students, scientists and engineers who want to learn about sputter deposition processes.